Friday, December 14, 2007

December in Bakersfield

Christmas time is coming and so I wanted to share a Bakersfield Christmas with you, since no one is coming home for the holidays.


This is your mom next to the tree that she decorated all by herself. It is beautiful. We decided to get another big tree this year. Notice how it dwarfs the animals and people by the manger.


Thanks to my contribution to global warming, this is what it looks like on 12/14/07 in heaven. Compare this to the photo on Alicia's blog.


Piko is making a somewhat blatant appeal for new toys. She brought these into the family room to show how much she is in need.


This is the Christmas present for your mom that I told you about. It is a new watering system for our trees that your mom has been wanting. I try to never disappoint her, even thought it cost thousands of dollars.


Finally, this is the Christmas tree that Sarah planted when she, Landon & Aiden lived with us this summer. I was going to cut it down and move it into the house but it had a very pungent odor.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how a basil plant would work as a christmas tree, but you can try.

Teresa said...

Poor Mom, has to decorate the tree all alone. I wish we could have been there to help.

Anonymous said...

I have to say that it didn't take me until March to be tired of the cold and snow, it took me until mid December. Your pics of Bakersfield right now look so nice and warm and green and pretty.

The tree looks great mom. Better than ours. It might be yellow by the time you get here.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.