Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Steve & Teresa's Hawaiian Vacation

Steve and Teresa went to Hawaii. Sue went to babysit in Georgia. Krista went flitting around town. This blog documents what I did.



Put the pillow in the middle of the bed to make believe that Sue was sleeping next to me. (The pillow did not try to take all of the sheet.)



Tried to figure out how the food was supposed to get from the cold box to the table in an eatable condition. I would have starved without Jolly Cone.



Exercised.



Had Piko sleep in my bed...until she pooped in the closet. She now sleeps in the laundry room.



Tried to remember that her smiling face would be home within 2 weeks.


It was the longest that we have been apart in 34 years. SO, GIVE ME A BREAK!

5 comments:

Alicia said...

That was hilarious. I first saw the lonely bed and thought, how sad. Then I saw that pathetic and sad face in front of the fridge and really felt for you. AND Piko pooped in your closet? Wow. You really did have it rough.

So how are you feeling about the fact that mom now comes to our houses to babysit?????? I mean has a precedent been set or was this a one time deal?

Roger said...

I think a precedent has been set. Though we will try to use Dad as my companion. I will be happy to babysit in our home anytime, away is fine for shorter trips; long trips are probably once per child until we retire, and spread out.

Teresa said...

You know....I really do feel bad about taking your wonderful companion away from you Dad until...I remember what a GREAT time I had, and what an AMAZING job she did taking on my role, and then...I don't feel so bad.

Great blog though. :)

Roger said...

I am not worried about babysitting for Alicia and Scott anytime soon, they just spent all their money in Boston.

Scott B. said...

True that...I have a plan though...how about you pay us to watch our darling kids...