Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bakersfield Highlights

This is probably more than you want to know of all the fun stuff that has been going on recently in the lifes of the Bakersfieldians.
1/22 Visited Dr. Kobashigawa in LA. He is moving his practice to be a part of Cedars-Sinai. Your mom said that it was great because that is where all the movie stars go (and where Michael Jackson died). Anyway, the Dr. said that I was doing great and might live my whole life without needing a transplant.
After the Dr. visit, we went to the Proctor Christmas party. Don was the only one absent and Dick, Ina, and Mitchell Proctor were also there. We had a nice time. We stayed in the temple apartments and did a session and a sealing the next day. The sealing was your mom's great-grandparents. Your mom and I both felt the spirit very strongly when that ordinance was being done.
1/29 We went to Stars Dinner Theater to see Steven Kinnison perform in The Sound of Music. Krista and Emily Judd joined us. It was a very nice evening.
1/30 I went to 6 hours of Rotary meetings in the morning and a 4 hour Scout dinner at night with your mom. She won the award for her service in the potato booth.
2/6 We went to Davin and Blake's basketball games - not much dribbling, but a lot of shooting. No one keeps score, so it doesn't matter. Krista and your mom helped at Davin's birthday party while I worked at home. I went to the YM basketball game at night.
2/12 We sold tickets at the BHS Talent Show (there was some talent) and then went to the Stake Valentines Dance for about an hour.
2/13 Ward Confernce and Lila's birthday party. You will have to go to the Skinner site for documentation of the party. Flash photography of the testimony meeting was discouraged.

Now for the pictures - on Saturday, Laura ran in a 10k race at CSUB. Brian was coaching the boys and your mom went to the game to bbsit the kids. Piko and I decided to walk to CSUB and watch the race. Krista went to the race with Emily.


This is LuLu on the homestretch.


Laura's cheering section - see the fans go wild!


Laura and her racing homies from the Ward.



On the way home, I wanted to get an ice cream from Rite Aid. The last time I went there, with Piko stashed in my jacket, they were none too pleased. So, this time, I asked Krista and Emily to meet me and I would buy us all an ice cream. The plan worked without a hitch.
This picture was taken by Krista as they drove home. Piko and I decided to stop and rest on the gas main in front of Applebees. We enjoyed the treat - she got most of the cone and then we headed home. A lovely time was had by all.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Read it all. Loved it. Thanks for sharing what is going on in Bako.

Jessica said...

HAHA! Dad that post was delightful. Your life does sound quite nice there in Bako.

Anonymous said...

Hola ,Jessica Allred.My nombre es "Madelyn Gomez".Tu estudiante, de la escuela.Solo le dejo, este comentario para decirle que fue un placer ver la historia de usted y de su familia ....Bye Kiss