Monday, January 15, 2007

Christmas

I have loved reading your blogs and seeing the pictures of our Christmas together!!! I had a wonderful time, too, despite the dead tree and not doing everthing I had planned. I cannot remember ever not making sugar cookies for Santa. I am so happy that everyone was here and comfortable. I think as a parent, when your children are happy, you are happy. I also think that I have finally reached the age where it is not so stressful to have company and I have realized that I don't have to keep everyone happy - maybe it is because you have grown up and can now keep yourselves happy and I am not the first in line to keep grandchildren happy.
Thank you for making the effort, sometimes large, to be here. I love having everyone together and watching you interact as adults. I love being with my sisters and their families and Dads brothers and their families, and for you to see your cousins. It was a perfect Christmas for me, too. I am happy that everyone is safely home and starting their lives again.
Evan will be home in two years.

2 comments:

Sarah A said...

Many thanks to you for making Christmas so fun. We had a great time being in Bakersfield and are already looking forward to coming back.

Alicia said...

Mom, we'll be back in 2 years also. I mean we'll see you again before then of course, but when Evan is back will be our year back at the Allreds. Yahoo! Can't wait!