Just so none of you think that the romance has to die as you get older, I want to share with you how your mom and I spent Valentines Day.
I got up at 6am to get your sisters off to Seminary. After that experience I usually am too hyped up to go back to sleep, so I went to Home Depot for some plants. On the way home, I bought your mom a rose (wait, it gets better).
Brian dropped off Davin and Kea just as I was leaving for work. When I came home for lunch of pita and guac, Sue told me that Kea had diarrhea and that she had been cleaning up and bathing her from several mishaps. I expressed my undying love for your mom by kissing her and rushing back to work so I didn't have to deal with it.
When I came home that night, I was told that Kea had been throwing up all afternoon. Krista had to take care of it one time and there was a bowl of vomit on the counter in the hall.
Krista told me that she was too sick to do the dishes, so she was really suffering until Cassie called and said that they should go to the YW activity. A Valentine Miracle happened. She was instantly cured.
Your mom took the kids to put them in bed at the Skinners while Brian went to LA to pick up Laura (from Hawaii). I took Krista to YW and Tawna played whined enough so she was allowed to go out on a school night. "It's Vaaaaaaaaaalentiiiiiiiiiines Day."
I was going to join your mom at the Skinners so we could enjoy the night together. But, I had to wait for Krista and Tawna to come home so they could go to bed on time for Seminary. So, I called your mom and told her that I needed to go to bed at the same time and expressed my undying love.
Your mom got home after midnight. She came to the bedroom and said, "I am so sick that I am going to sleep downstairs."
She is still recovering from Valentines Day, but she does have all of those wonderful memories. As I said, the romance lives on.
Christmas 2014
11 years ago
1 comment:
Sounds like a beautiful day for both of you! I am a little shocked that you spent some money on a rose.
It also sounds like the Skinners are pretty lucky to have you guys close to them. But that goes both ways.
Post a Comment