Friday, March 16, 2007

Question #2

If you could take a one month vacation anywhere in the world and money was not a consideration, where would you go and what would you do?

8 comments:

Sarah A said...

This is a great question. Landon and I discussed it at dinner and here is what I came up with:
First, since money is no issue, I'm extending my vacation to three months. Landon and I would rent a house in a small town in Southern France near the Italian border. The house would have a great kitchen with all the latest gadgets and two dishwashers. I would wake up in the morning and walk to the market to get fresh produce, herbs, meat, and bread and then spend all day cooking and working in my garden and going on long walks. On the weekends we would go on trips to Greece, Rome, Paris, etc. etc. I would also spend one evening a week taking a French class and one evening taking a cooking class. Also, there would be a great English bookstore nearby where I could go browse and read when I wanted to. And the house would have air conditioning.

Landon said...

For my vacation, A LOT of money has to not be a consideration:

1) I would rent out Yosemite and not allow anyone in.
2) I would have a very nice cabin with very nice electronics, a shower that didn't let any cold air in, and a nice, big kitchen with tons of light, and big windows that looked out onto the valley (where there are no other buildings because I had them torn down), couches that were great to sleep on, a big deck, a ski boat, a jet ski, and a sail boat on a heated lake, a jeep, and VERY NICE HIKING BOOTS.
3) Then, after relaxing in the cabin, I would take long hikes on empty trails and only carry a day pack. (The heavy stuff would have been laid out before hand by sherpas).
4) [This is the hardest part] I would control the weather so that it was 65 degrees while hiking, 85 while swimming, and 45 during the night. I would also not get sunburned.

The end.

Sue said...

I would take at least a month and tour every state in the USA with Dad. You kids and your families would join us to do a church history tour around New York.I might use a smaller motor home so it would be easier to drive, or we would stay in hotels. We could see the tourist spots and go hiking through the national parks and other wilderness areas. We could eat out or in and have no time line of when we had to be to the next spot, or really where we had to be next. If I had only one month, I would do Alaska and Hawaii later.

Roger said...

I hate to do this but I have some comments:
1. Sarah, the rebel, has already violated the question but taking 3 months.
2. Landon would be VERY LONELY, since he would let no one in to be with him.
3. I guess that my next real vacation will be in the USA.

Sarah A said...

I would like to addendize my original plan. I would invite Sarah into Yosemite.

Sue said...

Landon,
You are digging your hole deeper. What about Aiden?

laura said...

A bike tour of New Zealand. Brian's parents are doing this in May and nothing has ever sounded as fun to me. Of course we would stop in Oahu and Australia on our way over.

Roger said...

After I got home from taking your Mom all over the USA, my dream vacation would be:
1. The same agenda as our September trip to Europe.
2. Spend more time in each locale.
3. Have all our posterity join us in New York to tour Palmyra, Cumorah and the Sacred Grove.

Maybe we can do my dream vacation one day?????