we went to moab, and I fell off my bike. I flew about 15 ft, and my bike made it another 10 ft after me, I was impressed. Basically, there were 4 -2ft drops of rock, and so I was going about 10-15 mph and bunny-hopping off these ledges, and I made the first 3, and then my front tire hit a rock, and so I flew off the last drop and my bike rolled end over end, it was pretty cool. And then I had 5 miles to go after that. I have the same type scars on my back and arms. Basically, we arrived fri night and hiked the delicate arch in the dark, which was cool, and then the next morning we went rock climbing and did about 15 miles of biking, it was awesome.
In other news, I have joined a research group. Right now we are shooting lasers into a vacuum at a sample of metal and heating it to plasma state, and then taking readings of the radiation emitted as the metal cools. This week we are getting a professor from russia to come help us develop 3-dimensional x-ray technology, which is really exciting for me because that is what I will be doing for the rest of my life. Other than that, i have too many classes and am learning a lot, but oddly I am doing much better than expected in all of my classes, so that should be good sometime.
6 comments:
great pics bryce. I am jealous of the bike ride. That is on my list of things I want to do. (biking Moab) And good job on the costume, Aiden was clown which wasn't nearly as spooky.
Bryce, it is always so exiting when you make an appearance on here. That trip looks very fun, and very painful. I also love your Phantom costume. Where did you get that?
Sounds like you are making the most of your years in Provo. It is awesome that you appreciate the outdoors so much. The bike fall doesn't look like it felt two awesome, but what do I know. I am a girl. haha
Phantom costume, on the other hand, is pretty dang awesome.
Yay, Bryce! Thanks for the great pictures, though not really the leg one. Do you have neosporin? That trip sounds like so much fun! And, great costume you look really good!
We have been so busy traveling that this is the first time I have been able to look at the blogs in over a week. For Bryce,
1. Thank you for the update.
2. Getting hurt is not good
3. The biking was awesome.
4. The Moab scenery was wonderful.
5. You and 3 girls. You are truly from the Allred tradition. (Not me, of course.)
6. The research group sounds interesting.
7. I hope you can make some points with the Russian.
8. Congrats on the success in school.
Oh, and ditch the shorts. The Phantom was great!
Post a Comment