Sunday, April 06, 2008

Sunday Dinner

We had a good Sunday dinner after listening to a wonderful General Conference. We did not fall asleep during the afternoon session because Davin, Kea and Blake are so entertaining. Actually, Davin listened to the first hour. He and Kea played a Bingo game involving M & Ms that was fun.


Here are Kea and Blake entertaining us during dinner.



This is a picture of a wonderful pizza that I copied after having it in LA on Friday. Dad and I were there for a Doctor's appointment (he is doing very well) and went to lunch with Dad's lawyer and then to the temple. Quite the perfect day. I think going to the temple just before conference is a great way to get in the frame of mind that we should have. We saw some of Grandpa and Grandma's friends from Star Valley and when Dad was growing up, that was nice.

This is how to make this super good pizza. I got all of the ingredients at Trader Joes, I don't know what the people out of CA will do. We served it as a side, though it would be great with just a salad. Everyone loved it.

SUNDRIED TOMATO AND GOAT CHEESE PIZZA

Sun Dried Tomato Pesto (8 oz)
Goat Cheese (8 oz)
Fresh Mozzerella Cheese (8 oz)
Sun Dried Tomatoes ( 8 oz)
Capers
Arugula
Pizza Crust - it was served with a very thin, cracker crust. We used Lavosh Bread and it worked perfectly, you can use a thicker or homemade crust if you want.

Spread Pesto across crust. Top with an equal mix of goat and grated mozzerella cheeses. Put Tomatoes and capers on. Bake at 425 for 8 - 10 minutes for Lavosh, until it is slightly brown and crisp. Top with fresh Arugula. I used 3 Lavosh breads, 9 x 12 inches each, and the above amounts worked perfectly on the 3 pizzas. We also tried Middle Eastern Flat Bread, but I liked the crispness of the Lavosh. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Roger said...

Well, who knew that sun dried tomatoes are soaked in oil. This is not that healthy ( 145 calories or 3.5 points for 1/8 lavosh piece, I would figure 4 per person).The tomatoes are the most fattening part of it. I will use fresh tomatoes and herbs next time. I think that it will still be great. The goat cheese and arugula really are good. Mom