Thursday, May 01, 2008

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY



I wanted you all to have something to remind you of me. Here it is.

On another note, Jessica is planning a field trip to take her students to the Statue of Liberty. The school has no money and many of the kids don't. She has told me about her students that have no one that loves them. Can you imagine?
I know that you can't buy love, nor do I believe in a socialist system of redistributing the wealth, but I do believe that it is important to reach out with love and compassion to others.
For your mother's and my birthdays, we are committing to send money to Jessica for the field trip. (Sorry girls, the swimsuit idea crashed and burned). If anyone else would like to join us, please do.
Jessica, can you find out if we can contribute to the school for this purpose? Then, it would be tax deductible. Please post your response here.
Thanks and love, DAD

3 comments:

laura said...

Happy Birthday Dad!!! This will be the first birthday I've missed of yours in 6 years. Maybe next week we will do lemon cake with strawberries. Have a great day.

Alicia said...

Happy Birthday to you again. Hopefully you'll get to do a little more celebrating this weekend. Sounds like your birthday day was wild and crazy!

I love the donating to the field trip idea. As soon as Jess gets us and address, etc. we'll send your birthday money there.

Teresa said...

Count us in too, I love the idea. Hope your bday was wonderful!