Monday, March 16, 2009

Hope

Pres Thompson spoke at our Ward Conference yesterday. He told a story about Elder Clayton, our area rep. Elder Clayton said, "I feel impressed to tell you to tell your people that if they will pay their tithing, everything will be OK."
I guess that we already knew that, but it is reassuring to hear it from one of the Lord's servants.
It reminded me of this quote from Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley -
"Be faithful, be true, be devoted to this work. It is the only way you will find peace and happiness in your lives, and you will find peace and happiness if you will live the gospel. It is the way of truth and life and understanding” (3 Mar. 1996).
We can not afford to be casual Saints and do what is right just when it is convenient. I intend to be more anxiously engaged.

1 comment:

Carolynj said...

Good message. BEAUTIFUL new format!!! And Thank You for moving Piko's sad face, as cute as it is, a little further down.