Bryce is headed to work, but paused long enough for me to take this picture. This might be a keepsake, since he says he is never coming back to Bakersfield. Please notice the new carpet going up the stairs in the background.
Krista welcomes you at the front door in her festive BYU red and a SMILE! We all know that Piko should have been in this picture too, since she is the most enthusiastic greeter, but we can only have one baby of the family.
If you have never seen her in the daylight, this is Tawna on the second floor. She spends most of her time at home just a few yards from here, under the covers. We are very understanding of her need for sleep, since she leaves the house at 10 pm to go play with her friends.
Evan left town a week ago to go to a wedding. This is the best I could do - a nice picture of T&K with Evan's Christmas stocking on the fireplace. I will have to drink his Christmas root beer for him.
This is your wonderful mother, standing next to one of the two Christmas trees she bought and decorated. This is her Nativity Tree, with the stars and bells my Grandma Schwab crocheted and ornaments that she received as gifts, including the new ones from Gma.
And finally, my favorite, the tree with the BYU ornaments, the golden seqouia pine cone and the traditional favorites. The BYU ornaments are placed high in the tree to represent the high regard we have for this wonderful university, and to protect them from Lila and other marauding grandkids.
We look forward to spending the holidays with the Utah families and send our love to the Hughes family. Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3 comments:
Love the Christmas pictures! I have one of those ice cream ornaments from when we were growing up. When I got it out for the boys to put on the tree, they politely refused. They said it wasn't very Christmasy, and that it is silly anyways, since it is cold and we don't eat ice cream in the cold. :)
Oh man! These pictures are making me wish I bought a ticket to Bakersfield. I guess all I can do is hope that Santa Clause finds me and remembers to give me a can of root beer.
Two trees! Wow. Love your decorations. Have fun in Utah. Family is sure what it's all about.
Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Post a Comment