Monday, August 23, 2010

Sequoia #2

After lunch, we drove to Crescent Meadow and hiked to Tharps Log and then around Crescent Meadow. After the hike, we drove to Grants Grove and around the Crystal Springs campground - people everywhere. It was 7 pm by that time so we drove home - ice cream and Fritos for dinner. The best Saturday activity that I can remember.


The happy wanderers - almost to Tharps Log.


Proof that at least Sue made it.


This is the location in Crescent Meadow where I believe the Sequoia picture that hangs in our living room was taken. I have been going to Sequoia for about 44 years and this is the most beautiful that I remember the meadow.


Sue liked the gnarls.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I wonder if the meadow looked so beautiful to you because you didn't have so many distractions this time? You could just sit with Mom and enjoy it. It does look really green though.