Friday, October 01, 2010

The Great Kern County Fair

What could be better than attending the Kern County Fair on a hot Autumn evening!


We watched them spray down the pigs. Pigs are cute, but they do have special odor.


We saw the chicks, which DOES NOT mean girls.


Lila likes the bunnies. Even Laura looks content. (The bunnies are in an air conditioned room)


The Skinners fed their kids pizza, nachos and corn dogs - with cotton candy to follow. The old folks had Boy Scout potatoes. Everyone was content. Sue and Blake were there too but Blake had somewhere else to go while the picture was being taken. Davin said, "Just use a tree, I do."

3 comments:

laura said...

Hot autumn evening= 100 degrees with 85% humidity. I prefer to call it an AWFUL autumn evening. And after all the eating, 2 of my kids cried themselves to sleep last night with stomach aches. Time to say goodbye to the fair of 2010.

Alicia said...

Wow. It does look hot. Maybe I'm glad I missed it after all. The food still looks good though. The chicks and pigs look good and all, but did you not visit the family favorite - watching the pregnant cows?

Roger said...

Laura,
It wasn't that hot.
Are you sure that it was a stomach ache that was making your kids cry????

Alicia,
We did the cows but the picture wasn't all that good.