Monday, December 11, 2006

Santa on the Subway

So the other day as I climbed on to my subway on my way home from work I realized that a very special person climbed on with me and took a seat. He sat by himself and didn't say much, just like everyone else. I was thrilled as I realized that given the option of sleigh and subway Santa chose to ride the C local. This particular Santa Claus was about 6'7 and black. Then a woman got on at 86th street and wanted to take a picuture with him. He would say nothing but HOHOHO. Which I thought was odd, since it doesn't say anywhere that Santa is like an animal with only one generic noise to make. Then I realized that this was a Harlem Santa (I realized this because he was on the local and didn't get off at 110th so he must live in Harlem) He was probably some crazy, drunk bum that found a Santa suit and thinking it would be warm put in on and slid the beard and glasses on just to be stylish.

Lesson Learned: When you are a dirty bum, dress up like a well beloved figure like Santa and Buddah and Tinkerbell and people will be happy to see you.

I hope you are all learning valuable holiday lessons this season.

PS Consider this my Christmas card as I have no plans to send any.

6 comments:

Teresa said...

What if you dress up like Spongebob Squarepants?

Sue said...

Thanks for the lesson, I am sure that it will come in handy. Merry Christmas to you, too. We aren't sending cards either. I love the picture.

Bryce said...

i'm kinda wondering why you didn't get a picture on his lap. My roommates are obsessed with black jesus, so I am assuming that a black santa would be just as good.

Jessica said...

Bryce,
In case you have never been to Harlem (or anywhere really); you don't just go around sitting on strange men's laps. That is considered kind of trampy.

Roger said...

Merry Christmas, Ebenezer

Jessica said...

Dad,
How is anything discussed here at all Ebenezer Scrooge-like? All the elements of a good Christmas are included, Santa, HOHOHO, Bryce thinking I am trampy. What else do you need?