I would have three boys, and one girl! haha. Just kidding, I really am happy. I think I would change my health. I would be thinner and exercise and eat healthy, and teach my kids to do the same. It is a good one, because it is totally doable. Or I would have a cleaner house, that was decorated really cute.
i would use my time more wisely. I could finish a lot more things if I wasn't so easily distracted. Is that nature or nurture? Am I built like that, or after so many years of being distracted by others needs, have I lost the ability to focus? Terri things it's the latter. Also, I seem to be able to do what I want to do, I just have trouble with what I don't want to do.
I would have the desire to clean. Being a mom is wonderful but being a housekeeper is not all its cracked up to be. I wish I got a little joy out of scrubbing floors.
Wow- in my head that question was more of something from your past, rather than current changes. If it was a change from my past, I would have to say I wish I would have got my Masters degree in Hawaii. I had an opportunity to do advanced standing at UH in Social Work. That means, because of teacher reviews and scoring, they would have let me do it in only one year. I was there an extra year waiting for Brian to finish up, so it would have been SO easy. Why didn't I do it??? That is something I want in life- an advanced degree- and I wish I would have done it quickly when I had that year.
I truely wish that, at 19, I would have learned that I am not "a victim." If I had, I would have been a better husband and father, church servant and person. Being a victim means that I: 1. Think my problems are caused by others, not me. 2. Always have to rationalize what I do. 3. Fight or pout. 4. See no need to apologize. 5. Get angry when someone questions my opinion.
I could go on but it is not a pretty picture. These principals are what Christ taught but I just did not understand until many years later.
6 comments:
I would have three boys, and one girl! haha. Just kidding, I really am happy. I think I would change my health. I would be thinner and exercise and eat healthy, and teach my kids to do the same. It is a good one, because it is totally doable.
Or I would have a cleaner house, that was decorated really cute.
i would use my time more wisely. I could finish a lot more things if I wasn't so easily distracted. Is that nature or nurture? Am I built like that, or after so many years of being distracted by others needs, have I lost the ability to focus? Terri things it's the latter. Also, I seem to be able to do what I want to do, I just have trouble with what I don't want to do.
I would have the desire to clean. Being a mom is wonderful but being a housekeeper is not all its cracked up to be. I wish I got a little joy out of scrubbing floors.
Wow- in my head that question was more of something from your past, rather than current changes. If it was a change from my past, I would have to say I wish I would have got my Masters degree in Hawaii. I had an opportunity to do advanced standing at UH in Social Work. That means, because of teacher reviews and scoring, they would have let me do it in only one year. I was there an extra year waiting for Brian to finish up, so it would have been SO easy. Why didn't I do it??? That is something I want in life- an advanced degree- and I wish I would have done it quickly when I had that year.
wife
I truely wish that, at 19, I would have learned that I am not "a victim." If I had, I would have been a better husband and father, church servant and person. Being a victim means that I:
1. Think my problems are caused by others, not me.
2. Always have to rationalize what I do.
3. Fight or pout.
4. See no need to apologize.
5. Get angry when someone questions my opinion.
I could go on but it is not a pretty picture. These principals are what Christ taught but I just did not understand until many years later.
Post a Comment