I loved reading the blogs about our camping trip! Thank you for posting them. I love camping and loved that trip with everyone. I was not nervous at all, probably because my baby is 15 and I have been to that park a lot of times before. It is great to know that everyone had a good time. I was trying to figure out when we could go again with Tawna, but it will be October before we can go so it may be cooling off.
Yesterday in RS we had a lesson on Fasting. Natalie Buck taught it. She asked how to keep the spirit with you when you have small children. I remembered when Teresa asked a similar question. After an answer of, "Wait ten years." and another of, "To everything there is a season." Kathy Thompson gave a real good answer. We were discussing fasting with a purpose rather than just skipping two meals. She said she would tell her kids what they could fast about so that they would have a purpose. I thought, for those that don't have their own idea, that was a great answer. A family could fast for the same thing, or everyone that wanted could suggest something and all fast for a number of things. The strength of numbers could be explained.
Each fast Saturday could start with a discussion of the needs of those that we know, and children could be part of a family fast. It was also suggested that those too young to fast could be included so that they would feel part of the fast, though they would be praying only.
It was also suggested that fast offering be discussed, so that the kids could feel like their fast contributed to the welfare of someone.
I thought they were great ideas to teach children. Even little kids can give up dessert or something to feel like they are included. Happy child rearing, I love what you are each doing with your children.
Christmas 2014
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment