Monday, August 23, 2010

Sequoia #1

Some of my favorite memories are trips to Sequoia, both as a teenager and as a parent. When the kids were young, we would almost always arrive late at night and try to settle down 11 people without disturbing the neighbors. I was always so uptight that Sue and I would have at least one argument to start the trip, but once we settled in, the cares just melt away. Getting there was also an experience hauling a tent trailer or van that had been crammed to the gills with camping gear and food. At least twice, we had a flat on the trailer.
Life if easier now. Sue and I just took a Saturday and drove to Sequoia by ourselves.


This is the Wuksachi Lodge where we ate a delicious lunch. We stayed here a couple of years ago when Sue took me there for my birthday. She is not frowning in this picture. The sun was in her eyes.


A beautiful woman in front of a beautiful meadow.



You can read.



I am always amazed by the shear size of the sequoia.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I totally miss Sequoia. Especially driving into that cool mountain air and then getting to pick the perfect campsite for us. It was a wonderful place for us to vacation. I would LOVE to take my family there for a couple nights to camp. I will have to plan that soon.