This is a picture of me and a couple of my buddies in SanFran. I want to tell you some of my news.1. I went to my cardiologist at UCLA, Dr. Kobashigawa. He said that I am doing better than before. My ejection fraction is 25-30 and normal is 50-60 but my body is compensating somehow. He gave his approval to go to Europe and do what I want to do. He will see me every 3 months to find out how I am doing. He also said that if he got a heart offered for me, he might just "pass" at this time. I am sure that my heart will not improve but it is nice to be back to a more normal life.
2. Your mom and I are going to S. Lake Tahoe for a business meeting Sunday to Tuesday. We just came back from a 2 day trip to Irvine. What a life. I am going to ask for a raise.
3. We signed our new Trust documents yesterday with Mel Thompson, so my affairs are in order. It follows the details I emailed to you.
4. As I think you know, 5 weeks ago I was released as YM President and sustained as Priest Quorum advisor and the ward bean-counter (Financial Clerk). Brody Buck, Natalie Hawkins' husband, replaced me. He is a great guy and will do a fantastic job. Anyway, I finished my on-line training for the clerk job last week. Yesterday, Pres. Thompson released me because with the new ward bounderies, they have called someone else to be the clerk. I have never been fired so quickly in my life. I enjoyed the clerk job but I understand what is needed and I am very happy being the Priest Quorum advisor. Anyway, I thought it was funny having a calling for 5 weeks.
5. I enjoyed General Conference, as usual. The message that impressed me the most was Elder Holland's strong witness of the involvement of the First Presidency in all the issues facing the church. I have a special place in my heart for Elder Holland. He is the only apostle that has ever given me an abrazo and thanked our family for our missionary work.
6. Finally, I have been pondering the topic of "worship." We went to the temple on Monday and this was still on my mind. I still don't think that I really understand what worshipping God means. Do we worship when we pray, go to church, serve in the Nursery, attend the Stake luau, pay tithing, count tithing.... What do you think?
Love, DAD
3 comments:
I think you are worshipping whenever you are pondering Godly things. So when you are really thinking about the Sacrament prayer during the Sacrament. When someone is giving a testimony and it really hits you and makes you want to be better, when you are praying and really telling Heavenly Father how you feel, and what you feel like you need from him. When you are singing a song and thinking about what the words mean, or when you are reading an Ensign article that makes you think about being more Christlike.
I am so happy to hear that you are feeling good. That relieves us all. I'm glad you can be back to "normal".
Elder Holland is also the only apostle that you have sweat all over and told that you were sweating like a pig. I believe those were the words. Man, that was a funny day. Remember your white temple shirt sleeve going into the blue water in the toilet bowl.
(I'll have to comment on worship later. I just don't think it goes along with those stories.)
Hey Alicia,
Those were two different days. The blue sleeve day and the Elder Holland hug day.
I am really excited to hear that you are feeling better than you have been.
What are the new ward boundaries? just curious...
I think you are worshipping whenever you are doing anything that helps you become more like God. That includes pondering and praying and singing but, in my opinion, more importantly it involves serving. Helping to build the kingdom of God. I think that is the type of worship that not only he prefers from us (if ye love me, feed my sheep) but also the type that really helps us to understand Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ more. Understanding of their motivations and characters precedes becoming like them.
Post a Comment