Tuesday, June 09, 2009

New York City

After the graduation, your mom and I headed to New York to see Jessica, including a 9 hour wait in the Richmond Airport because US Airways overbooked our flight and the next two after us. We finally made it about bedtime. Landon and Evan drove the next day to NYC on the way back to SLC. Yes, they were going the wrong way, but it all worked out in the end.
While we were in NYC, we rode the bus and the subway alot, went to a play, visited the financial district, ate at Chocolate by the Bald Man, went to the Brooklyn Bridge and just had a great time with 3 of our adult children.


While Landon and Evan were in Washington DC, your mom and I got to visit Jessica in her classroom. She is a very good teacher and her students respect her. We really enjoyed the visit and your mom brought pencils for everyone that had "California" written on them. Jessica will be graduating with her Masters in Education this summer. Since she teaches ESL, she probably could teach anywhere. She has chosen to stay at the same school for at least one more year. We are proud of her accomplishments, both in and out of school.


Apparently, the Wienermobile knew that your mom was leaving Savannah and headed to NYC because it followed her.


Landon, Evan, Jessica and the Statue of Liberty from Battery Park, just down the street from Ground Zero and Wall Street.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Your trip sounds great! I think you should do like Mom said, and visit all of your children during the month of May for Mother's Day.
I think it is hilarious that you got another picture of the wienermobile. What is that thing for anyway?

Teresa said...

That was Teresa above by the way. I am typing this from Mom's house.

Chloe and Tyler said...

P.S. Is this your actual blog or a family one? I'm a little confused because there seems to be quite a few.