Well, the moment finally arrived. Evan, Mary and Bryce came up from Provo at about 5:30 and Evan was so ready to open that big white envelope. But, the family was not gathered in Bakersfield so we waited. To help the time pass we had dinner together. I made my very first meat loaf with Mom's recipe.

Finally we had everyone on the phones and Evan tore into his Mission Call. He opened it, read it, then smiled big and announced in a very pleased voice . . . . Washington Seattle Mission. He will be speaking English and entering the MTC on November 15!!! So soon, I know.


A big congratulations to Evan. We know he will be a great missionary and love serving in Seattle.
6 comments:
Yahoo! What a great place! I have been to Seattle and loved it. It does get so much rain though. I am sure you will be a great missionary, and I am glad you get to serve your mission speaking English. Congrats!!!
I am so excited for Evan to go to Seattle, and I am even happy about the departure date! I can't imagine waiting around until January, though we will all miss him at Christmas. Thanks for the pictures, the picture of Evan opening it is priceless. I am so proud of you, Evan!
I don't think Dad will comment until tomorrow, we are going to LA and he is in a meeting now.
I am so excited for Evan to go to Seattle, and I am even happy about the departure date! I can't imagine waiting around until January, though we will all miss him at Christmas. Thanks for the pictures, the picture of Evan opening it is priceless. I am so proud of you, Evan!
I don't think Dad will comment until tomorrow, we are going to LA and he is in a meeting now.
Sarah may make fun of me, but I am VERY excited for Evan's call. State-side English speaking, you are going to love it. Three cheers to the second-rate, stat-siders!
Evan,
I am thrilled for you. Seattle is going to be just amazing for you and you are going to make such an fabulous missionary. (Fabulous is usually a word I reserve for flamboyantly gay performers, but I think it fits here)
Congratulations to Evan! You will be a great missionary and will be able to increase your testimony and gospel scholarship by discussing this precious message with people who will challenge you and cause you to think deeply. Seattle is a educated area which means that you will have to present the message well enough so the people will be open to feeling the spirit testify. I am "well pleased" with you.
Post a Comment