Laura gave me a sign that says, "Everyone is Entitled to My Opinion." Accordingly, I am sharing the Letter to the Editor, dated November 14, 2006.
New minority
As I read the paper recently, it struck me. I am a minority.
I know that now because I believe that: we are at war with Islamic fundamentalists; you need to shut up if you don't have a better idea; "W" is smarter than all of his critics and has more sense than the rest; Wal-Mart serves me well; the government serves me sometimes; attorneys made unions obsolete; man has an inconsequential impact on global warming; God and our Founding Fathers know that marriage is between a man and a woman; killing an unborn baby is not just a choice; a culture of hedonism is more dangerous than overpopulation; politicians cannot repeal the law of supply and demand and the moral majority is neither.
-- ROGER C. ALLRED, Bakersfield
PS We had a great time in Utah. You have heard the stories. I am just glad that Elder Evan is under the supervision of a good mission president to whom he will listen.
Christmas 2014
11 years ago
1 comment:
One correction - The paper should have written - "than half of his critics."
Post a Comment