HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!
I hope you all eat lots of food, and remember all the wonderful blessings we have in our lives. Here are some things we were Thankful for in 2004: If you would like to add yours to our lists, please do.
DAD
"As Thanksgiving approaches I have been thinking a lot about how blessed I am. I invite everyone’s participation in an exercise that helps me realize what a wonderful life I have. List 10 things that you are grateful for that do not relate to your family or the gospel/church. This is my list, in random order:
1. To breathe
2. Root beer floats on a hot day
3. Sequoia trees
4. The smell of a pine forest after a rain
5. Back rubs
6. Sunshine
7. Clean clothes
8. The sound of ocean waves breaking
9. Sunday afternoon naps with soft music
10. Chocolate
OK, so a couple of those had to do with your mother but you get the idea.
Love, DAD
UNCLE RUSS
Here's my list. I am grateful for:
1. A job that pays enough to pay my bills
2. My association with people who willingly give service
3. Fall leaves
4. A sense of humor
5. Good music
6. Food
7. Historic Architecture
8. Applause
9. Hope
10. Talents
LAURA
Great Idea!
Here's my list:
1. Fall- the colors, the smell, the fog
2. Home Ownership and the Equity that comes with it
3. 2:00pm-4:00pm... Nap time for the kids which allows me to read emails
from all of you.
4. A sewing machine- (okay, I don't have one. But what better place to do
a Christmas wish reminder.)
5. Cheddar Bialy from the Bagelry- a 12 year tradition
6. Airplanes- allowing you to live and explore places that before, could
not have been possible (Hawaii).
7. Epidurals- I have only recently discovered the joys of drug use.
8. America- and the men and women who are protecting it this very minute.
9. Weekends- We(Davin, Kea and I) get Brian all to ourselves-- unless
their is a football, basketball, baseball or tennis game on.
10. Cameras- to be able to remember our kids the way they once were, and to
send picts around to those very far away.
GMA
My list
1 St George
2 The Computer
3 Sun Rise and Sun Set
4 Flowers
5 Vegetable gardens
6 Letters to read and send
7 The face of a child
8 Not to have a operation on my knee
9 Good people to be with
10 Quilts
Do you want more?
ALICIA
My Thanksgiving List
1. Sharing a bed with someone at night.
2. The beach, the mountains, the forest, etc.
3. More experience with (and thus a better
understanding of) different people, cultures,
lifestyles, experiences than I ever thought I would
have.
4. Hope for a happy future
5. A BYU education (that one is for Scott)
6. First time experiences
7. Sunday naps
8. Travel
9.Self confidence
10. Feeling happy and satisfied with life every day
JESSICA
So here is my list, I could go on for days.
1) Dental Hygiene, as I have dealt with some people without it I have come to value it more.
2) Carpet without fleas
3) Warm jackets and blankets
4) Hot Chocolate with junior mints stirred in with a candy cane and sipped through a grasshopper cookie.
5) the founding fathers & the constitution
6)Economic and political stability
7)Computers- word processing, spell check
8) A job- Thanks Melody
9)The internet- Email, attachments, blackboard, google, online databases and journals.
10) Technology- airplanes, cellphones, satellite transmission
I am especially grateful that all the statues of BYU remain safely wrapped in their saran wrap cocoons to protect them from the heathen at the U of U the whole week.
TERESA
Some of the blessings I was thinking of have already been taken, but I will try to be
unique:
1. Watching a child learn
2. Way of life in the United States (today, particularly the way our government is run.)
3. Yummy, inexpensive restaurants
4. A constant paycheck (even when it doesn't go as far as you would like)
5. Crafts
6. A comfortable warm home that keeps the cold and rain out
7. A body, especially a fully functioning one. (the missionaries where over last night, and inspired that one)
8. Wonderful friends no matter where we live.
9. Marriage
10. Second hand stores! :)
LANDON
the Thankful for things seems like a good appetizer for thanksgiving, so
here's another addition.
1. Sarah (she is not yet technically "family" so it is okay to list her)
2. Computers (half of my classes wouldn't exist without them, but I don't
know how life would work without them either)
3. A science based major
4. Cars
5. Christmas songs
6. The Coco-Motion
7. Shoes that make walking all day comfortable
8. Climate control
9. Taste buds
10. That no one has to stay simply "engaged" forever
that's all folks.
Landon
STEVE
Here are mine, in random order:
1. Germany
2. Bed Time (Kids)
3. Missionaries that appreciate me
4. Arabic Studies
5. Naps on Sunday
6. The computer
7. Arriving in Germany and already having friends in the church
8. Calling my folks
9. The Christmas season
10. A Blue-Eyed Brunette sleeping next to me
Outside of those, I am thankful for the missionary work and for the
chance I have to serve those embarked in the great work.
And for all of you.
Steve
MOM
Here is my list. I left off bedtime because that was copying Steve.
1. Freedom and ability to travel
2. Freedom to have so many choices
3. A busy life - something to wake up to each morning
4. Health
5. Changes in the weather
6. Friends
7. Teachers
8. Mountains - different geography
9. Love
10. Being a stay at home Mom
Love, Mom
Christmas 2014
11 years ago
3 comments:
That was a wonderful thing to read on Thanksgiving morning. Thank you. It's also fun to think back at where we all were when making those lists. Interesting how much things can change in 2 years, huh? I wonder what the next 2 years will bring. How often should we make our lists? Every year?
Have a Happy Thanksgiving. I love you all.
Thank you for that post! I would love to do it every year. It is great to remember, and realize what has changed.
Teresa,
Thank you so much. Add to my list:
1. My Bakersfield home.
2. Doctors
3. Blobs
4. Flowers
5. Work
6. Being able to travel
7. Eight years of "W"
8. My church calling
9. My wonderful wive who keeps me grounded and makes me feel loved.
10. Incredible children and grandchildren who are so stalwart, smart, fun and accomplished.
(OK, so I broke my own rules)
Post a Comment