Little Brie is sick. Apparently she picked up rotavirus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotavirus) in Bakersfield - thanks a lot Tawna!
Brie has had terrible diarrhea and a horrible rash to boot that sends her into a screaming tantrum everytime we have to change her diaper. I have found that the best solution is to just stick her in the tub in some nice warm water. When we get her up in the morning she has usually filled one leg of her pajamas with poop (I say poop because I know Davin thinks that word is hilarious), so bathing her right away is our only real option.
Dr. Brian said that Rotavirus usually lasts about 10 days so we should be nearing the end. He also wants us to watch that she doesn't get dehydrated because that is usually what hospitalizes the kids that catch it.
I can't wait until Christmas in Bakersfield when all the cousins are getting each other sick. Teresa will be bringing some crazy Euro-trash virus with her kids. Aiden will probably have Cavalieritis, the Skinner kids Valley fever and we are freezing some rotavirus for Brie to bring back to b-town. Gee can't wait, should be lots of fun! Really though, could it be any worse than when everyone got sick in Christmas 2003?
Christmas 2014
11 years ago
4 comments:
I think rotavirus is only for Rotarians. Brian must be mistaken.
That is awful! I wonder where she picked it up - wasn't she only with Davin and Kea?
Hey, my firm represents the vaccine for rotavirus. I have done pitching for it to many reporters. It is a drug made by Merck called Rota Teq and babies are given the vaccine between 6 and 32 weeks of age.
Brian told us all about the vaccine and all I can say is Hallelujah!! It is a nasty nasty sickness. I'm talking nasty. If you need a spokeswoman, I could be her.
Post a Comment