So after the Hill Cumorah pageant Saturday night we drove up to a hotel in Buffalo, a little over an hour away. We went to church Buffalo Style (and everything that implies) on Sunday morning. Basically I would rather die than EVER live in Buffalo. It is a sad should-be-ghost-town full of abandoned factory buildings. Church there was interesting to say the least. They did the sacrament prayer in both Spanish and English.Then we drove about 20 minutes North to NIAGARA FALLS! Wow! They are an impressive sight. I LOVED them. We went on a little boat called "The Maid of the Mist" that takes you right into the middle of the horseshoe falls and just sits there for like 10 minutes while you listen to the roar of the falls and get totally soaked. It was so cool. They give you these stylish blue ponchos that serve more as a statement of "you will get wet on this ride" than a protection against the water. We did not go to the Canada side as we had two foriegners without proper documentation with them. Soo, from Korea, is in the picture above.

3 comments:
I wish I could have went with you to see where it all began. Thinking about Joseph Smith and the experience he had when he went into the grove always reminds me of my very first spiritual experence in the church.
Buffalo is not that bad, I went to school there for a year. You should've gone to Amherst(a surburb of Buffalo), there you would've found way more things to your liking.
Ahh, that looks so refreshing! :)
Wow- what a life!! I would love to explore all these new places. Someday...
Post a Comment