Yep, it's true. In just a couple short months we will all posing and smiling together for the new and improved Allred Family Portrait. We have lots of new additions - Sarah, Aiden, Jacob, Kea, Blake and Brie. And we have a deletion - Evan. You know me, I like to help with the coordinating of clothes for each and every family picture, so I thought I would start that discussion. Hopefully the plan will be to take the picture on the beach during our day at the beach after Christmas. Dad says he is finding a photographer. If that is the case, I'm assuming our clothes should be casual instead of formal, right? So, two ideas that Laura, Mom, Dad and I (Brian wanted nothing to do with it) threw around were:
1. We all wear jeans. Then each family will have a base color that is theirs for their sweater type tops. Mom and Dad want to be able to tell who belongs to which family. Laura is thinking this might look like "Rainbow Bright on the Beach", but I'm saying the colors don't have to be primary colors. And we aren't going to have all matching brightly colored Hanes t-shirts like we are going to Disneyland or a family reunion. You simply have your top mostly that color. The colors could be muted colors in blue or green or brown, etc.
2. (I think I like this the best, but then we can't tell family connections and everyone could think Tawna and Brian are married all over again.) We coordinate using the colors khaki, white, blues and brown. I think that would be gorgeous on the beach. You could wear whatever you'd like.
3. Or a new idea. Does anyone else have an idea for what they think would look good?
Ok. Thanks for your support.
Christmas 2014
11 years ago
12 comments:
I would like for Aiden to be in the picture, too. I don't really care about colors, can we at least stand in family groups? Dad and I can have Tawna and Krista on our laps. Thanks for doing the coordinating, Alicia.
Mom,
What does that comment mean? Was it ever implied that Aiden was not invited? As long as we are making requests....
Despite the mutinous underground murmurings, I would like Dad to be in the picture. I would also like puke-o NOT to be in the picture.
As to the request for other suggestions...bathing suits and body paint.
Any takers?
I second the motion to put Aiden and Dad in the picture, and while we are at it, let's invite Bumble Brie as well. She has been around long enough. :)
As far as what to wear, Steve and I love the jeans and shirts idea. In order not to make it too rainbowy we could do navy blue, light blue, royal blue, then dark green, light green, white, off white. Do you get my drift. Each family would be a different color, but we could use more shades rather than completely different colors.
Mom, out of respect for you I am going to pretend that someon hacked into your account and wrote that comment. Wow.
But, kind of in line with mom's comment, I think we should allow in-laws into the picture. I know there are some good reasons not to, but I think they'll get offended if we exclude them.
Also, Aiden has a pumpkin outfit he likes, and we can borrow some pumpkin outfits for Sarah and I from Draper. So we are claiming pumpkin orange and the shape of a pumpkin for our family. (also conviently they UVA color)
I assume from the pictures on the Buchanan's blog that they are coming as the Bumble Buchanans. Can someone confirm that?
Hey,
kind of following Landon's idea why doesn't each family wear a shirt that says something about them or what they are doing. Like Landon's family could all wear UVA shirts, The Hughes Family could wear Germany Shirts, I could wear an I love NY shirt, Bryce could wear a BYU shirt.
Poor Mom. It's me that messed up and then covered up my mistake. My original post did not have Aiden in the additions. I was thinking of the kids that were in the last picture and who has joined their families and forgot to put Aiden. So sorry. When I saw Mom's comment, I quickly went and edited my post. Didn't know poor mom would be attacked for it. Yes, Aiden is invited to be in the picture. Oops.
I think Jessica's idea was great. That way you can skip the whole Christmas letter. I think that in addition to wearing shirts, we should also hold up posters saying things about us. For example Brie could hold one saying, "This year I learned to eat solid foods" etc, etc.
And Aiden could be holding/chewing on a sign that says "This year I peed and pooped all over my mom and dad".
what should i wear guys?
I really like the ideas that are being thrown around here. Yes I think Roger and Aiden deserves to be in the picture. I think Jessica should hold puke-o.
But seriously, I think that we draw names. The name you get you have to dress like that person. Example: If I drew Jessica's name, I would wear the I love NY shirt. If Sarah draws Brie's name she dresses like a bumble bee. If Laura draws Aiden's...etc
Do you think we should try the same hairstyle too? It would be funny if Alicia drew Steve's and had to buzz her head.
Thoughts?
Well- this settles it. Not one comedic opportunity will be left unturned with an Allred around. I, unfortunately, have no jokes because I am so terrified that one of the suggestions might really happen. For example- the matching family shirts. Iwill take no part in "gay Day" on the beach with each color of the rainbow being represented- family by family. I'm going with the blues, khakis and browns- or we're not coming. And might I suggest no dark blues. Earth tones people. Light blues, light browns, etc.
The two things that I really appreciate about Laura is her tact and her willingness to go with the flow. Brian, of course, is my hero. So, using Laura as an example.
1. I am wearing ALL RED, without the U symbol anywhere. I am still looking for the pants.
2. I like the idea of Rainbow Bright on the Beach or the Allred GAY Pride Photo.
3. Since we are going to exotic Pismo, why do we need to match anyway?
4. If some people like formal posing, we could do it at Picture People at the mall.
5. I would really appreciate a way to identify individual families.
6. Since Aiden is included, I want to include the Bumble Bee girl as a replacement for Evan.
7. I suggest that Evan wear a white shirt and tie.
8. I like Jessica's suggestion, but I prefer, "I HATE NY."
9. If Laura gets to bring her baby, why can't I bring ours? (Piko)
10. I just like 10 items on a list.
Post a Comment