Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Christmas travel times

Jessica is buying her ticket home for Christmas. So that there is some coordination, here are the travel times as I understand them.

ARRIVALS:

Hughes - Thursday, December 14, 7:00pm at LAX - we pick up
Buchanans and Sarah and Aiden - Wednesday, December 20th, 12:30pm at LAX, renting a car.
Landon - Friday, December 22, 3:45pm at LAX - pick up or shuttle
Bryce - driving down Friday, December 22nd


DEPARTURES:

Buchanans - Thursday, December 28th, LAX return car
Hughes - Saturday, December 30th, LAX - we deliver
Allreds - Wednesday, January 3, LAX - we deliver
Bryce - BYU starts Monday, January 9th

Other agenda items:

Housing - Hughes downstairs at Allred's house
Allreds big bedroom upstairs at Allred's house
Bryce at Allred's house or Davin's bunkbed
Buchanans guest room at Skinner's house
Jessica at Skinner's house with Kea or at Allred's

Itinerary -

Saturday, Dec. 23: Proctor party here
Sunday, Dec. 24: Church, Evening program and dinner
Monday, Dec. 25: CHRISTMAS!!!,
Tuesday, Dec. 26: To Pismo, morning
Wednesday, Dec. 27: Home from Pismo, evening

The family picture is not finalized yet. We will let you know. We are very much looking forward to this time together! Any additional plans, let me know.

14 comments:

laura said...

Jessica and Bryce- we would love for both or one of you to stay with us. We have an extra twin mattress- brand new and never slept on with 300 thread count sheets. You could sleep with one of the kids or we could put the 2 kids together and you could have your own room in Kea's room. We will even take off the plastic sheet if you promise not to pee the bed.
PICTURE IDEA:::
I love the idea of blues if it's on the beach, but to honest, I don't think that's going to happen. What if we did an outside picture here with green trees and grass. We could all wear fall colors. Khaki, browns, deep reds, deep oranges. That way Dad could get his color in the picture, and I think it would look good. We're only at the beach one day and I imagine it will be highly stressful and time consuming to get us all out the door looking our best. I would rather just go and play and not worry about ironing, combing hair, etc.

Scott B. said...

We have to comb our hair for the picture? Alicia never told me that!

Scott B. said...

I didn't notice any stops at the Chili Burger place? I thought that was an Allred Family Christmas Tradition.

Anonymous said...

Our Christmas Tradition was getting about 50 servings of Kento's, but it was under new management last time I was there and tasted kind of like poo. So this year I was thinking Papa Johns.

Anonymous said...

i agree with Laura that getting pictures on the beach would maybe defeat the purpose of a vacation. But the only other day everyone would be around would be the 23rd. Also, I apologize for Landon's use of the word poo. You would think that the tuition money would pay for a better vocabulary.

laura said...

Buchanans - what time do you leave on the 28th. I think we should do the picture that morning- if there is time. Or, the morning of the 23rd. Also- why aren't you driving your van??? We should call Rod, or some other independent photographer and go to a grassy park somewhere. With that many people, the background isn't going to matter a whole lot.

Teresa said...

I third the picture ideas. There will be no time at the beach. I love the colors Laura suggested too. Just tell me what we will be wearing soon, so I can bring it with us.

And I second Landon's opinion on Kento's. Chili Burgers and Papa John's both sound great to me. You know I am all about the food when I am on vacation. Right Jessica?
ummmm that was good NY devil's food cheesecake. :)

Alicia said...

Alright, I'll go along with the non-beach picture. That's not to say I agree with it. I think it would be GORGEOUS to have sand dunes and ocean and tall beach grass around us. But, if we don't do that, let's set up something with a photographer soon at a good setting. You know, could we go to one of the parks that has the swamp in the middle with the tall grass?

The van. We are not driving the van for a few reasons (it's been a hard decision) - it has over 100,000 miles and we can't afford to have it break, it's winter time and the holidays and the roads can be very dangerous at that time, Rama was very worried about us driving, Glen and Renee need to borrow our van while they are here and we found pretty cheap plane tickets. Glenn and Renee are helping with the plane tickets so they can use our van.
We are driving to the airport from the beach on the evening of the 27th because we fly out the next morning at 6:45am.
So, there you go. Good luck planning!

Jessica said...

Okay, so under some intense pressure I have purchased my plane ticket and will be arriving at the Bakersfield airport Tuesday December 19 at 12:40 in the afternoon. Since Bakersfield has no public transportation it would be lovely if someone would come and pick me up.

Sue said...

Yea, Jessica! I have been somewhat worried about you walking in from NY. That is a perfect time to arrive, we will have a welcoming committee. Thanks for using Bakersfield.
We have called Rod and left a message. I think the best time to take pictures is the morning of the 23rd. The kids will not have traveled on the 22nd so should be settled and we have to get dressed that day anyway for the
party.Landon and Bryce will just have to act mature after traveling.
We have been having tri tip on Christmas Eve. It is a Sunday, so we will not be going to papa johns, we wouldn't go there anyway. Any suggestions for the 23rd? We will have about 35 people.
Maybe those sandwiches that we had at the Christensens last summer, though that is real close to tri tip. Or tamales! and enchiladas!

Roger said...

So many topics - so many opinions. Haven't I taught you that you just go with the flow?
The picture is BAKO is PERFECT. I will choose the spot and wear my ALL RED outfit. I can hardly wait. Jessica already vetoed my idea of in front of the BHS oil derrick but I have many more.
I would like to suggest no-salt Christmas dinner or I will be eating oatmeal while you dine on pizza or enchiladas.
Maybe Landon picked up the poo word from when I used to call him Landipoo. Then Poody.
OK, I have to go to lunch now so I can prepare to go home later. Busy, Busy, Busy.

Sue said...

I talked with Rod Thornburg. He will take the pictures at 9:30 on Saturday the 23rd. We will go to Hart Park (leave home at 9:00). I am planning on 2 hours. We need an inside place in case of bad weather - though a shot in the rain would be novel. He said our house would work, but the tree will take up a lot of room. Keep thinking. I have a deep red tailored blouse that I can wear, do we want jeans or khakis?

Scott B. said...

Is it okay if I wear a kilt? Can I ride on the BHS oil derrik? Is Peko in the picture? Does Jessica get to hold Peko?

Roger said...

Scott,
Yes to all questions. You make the arrangements with Jessica, please.