Every year for Halloween there is a HUGE parade in the Village. Anyone who wants can dress up in a costume and march down 6th Avenue or stand along the sides and heckle the procession of costumed freaks. I chose to join with the costumed freaks and march down the street amid cheers, jeers and nearly nude men and women. There were several Steve Irwin’s (Crocodile Hunter) complete with a sting ray stab wound, several strippers (of the firewoman, policewoman, nurse and flight attendant variety) and LOTS of people who chose to let halloween be their excuse to wander around in their trashy lingerie. It was amazing, energetic, insightful, educational and offensive all at once. (As so many things in this city are)
Any who, the shrek couple was one of my favorites. I can't get the rest to load. Which is probably best, so that our family blog doesn't turn into one of "those sites."
9 comments:
You so don't look like yourself. I can't believe that is you! I wouldn't recognize you on the street in a million years. Your face looks thin too. I love the blue hair! Sounds like a good night.
That is you with the blue hair? I kept trying to figure out if it might be you, but came to conclusion that it must be a picture of friends.
Great costumes!
Please tell us if that is you. I just looked again. That is not you is it?
WOW!!! Yes that is me. Mercedes is a whiz with makeup. I put on a great blue wig that I simply adore and Mercedes put some makeup on me.
What a fun way to spend Halloween! Other than Haggin Oaks, there were very few trick or treaters, maybe parades are the thing to do now. You look different, I had to wait until you said it was you to be sure. Make-up can do that?
Jess. I have to tell you that I looked at that picture and thought that Dad was posting a picture from Halloween in Bakersfield. That is because I thought you were Amy Nolan. For sure. Then I thought, what village is he talking about? Then I read it and figured out you were talking. You are looking GREAT!
you look the same to me
So I asked Steve if he recognized anyone in this picture. He first says Tracy and Lauren. I say no, and point to the blue hair girl. He says, Alicia? No again, that is JESSICA!! We can't believe it.
Okay,just to clarify, Shrek and Fiona are in fact not anyone I know. I just thought their costumes were cool. I couldn't get the pictures of my friends to load.
Of course I look different. It was Halloween and I was in costume and had way too much makeup on.
Post a Comment