Saturday, September 23, 2006

Apple Dumplings

Well, I had my Apple Dumpling yesterday and have come up with the recipe. It is a sure way to make a healthy food decadent. Not quite as bad as the hugely popular deep fried twinkies covered with powdered sugar.

Apple Dumplings:

Granny Smith apple, cored
6" square pie crust (about)
brown sugar
butter
cinnamon cream cheese frosting

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting

1/4 cup butter, softened
6 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Cream butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Add sugar until smooth. Add vanilla and cinnamon.

Pack brown sugar tightly into cored apple. Sprinkle pie crust with cinnamon, wrap around apple. Bake about 25 minutes until golden brown. While baking, melt butter and mix with brown sugar to make a thick syrup. Make cream cheese frosting. When apple is baked, generously ladle brown sugar syrup over it, then put large dollop (1/2 cup?) of frosting on top.

Enjoy!

Hope you are having a great day!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Mom - that sounds delicious!!! I am going to try it. I think it is something that Scott will love. I could even try doing it with enrichment. Thanks for the recipe.