Friday, September 15, 2006

Evan's Mission Call

Evan is anxiously awaiting his mission call. His papers were sent in last week and now he waits at the mail box for the big white envelope that will tell him where he will be spending the next two years and what language he will be speaking. And, of course, when this will all begin. So, we are taking guesses as to where you think he might be going (Jessica thought this might be easier than emails). Submit your guess in the comments section. You can guess which mission he'll be going to and what language he'll be speaking. Good luck!

P.S. Watch out for any email scams trying to get you to give $100 to this guessing game. This is completely illegitimate. Please beware. Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

well everyone i have talked to says i am not going to south america. I also got a tip from a fortune cookie that i am headed for a land of sunshine and relaxation. so mikey guessed australia, scott guessed mexico, andrew guessed london, and i say NEW JERSEY!!!!!!!

Roger said...

I am betting $2,500 on Italy, Milan

Jessica said...

Oh New Jersey! I LOVE New Jersey, it is right over the river. But I am going to guess Canada, Montreal.

Sarah A said...

I still say Detroit, Michigan. But definitely state-side. You see...they only let the good missionaries out of the country. Right Brian?

Teresa said...

Wow what a hotty! He looks a lot like me I think. :)

I say that our little Evanito will be enjoying his mission in....Georgia, Atlanta speaking enlgish and ebonics. You will love Georgia.

To give you a head start on ebonics try and figure this one out. "What's crackalackin pimp juices?"

Sarah A said...

This is the Sarah half of landon and sarah. I can see Evan walking the streets of Oslo, Norway. I think you would fit in wonderfully with your complexion. Good luck with Norwegian, I hear it's a beast.

laura said...

I'm ready to commit- well, I have 2 different choices. I say Quebec or Hawaii. I think you'll love the humidity in Hawaii. It does wonders for the skin.

Alicia said...

As most of you heard, I have been betting on the Phillipines for Evan. But then Landon reminded me that he might not get to go anywhere in the world because of the asthma. Canada is a very good choice. So I'm going to say the Phillipines (thier Nebraska) or Quebec, Canada (my favorite part of Canada).

Sarah A said...

Evan, I am sorry, but as Alcia said, you can not go "anywhere in the world." And since the spirit world is "right here", and the Celestial Kingdom is on this Earth, then I guess that means...lots of great missionary opportunities for you. But unlike Hawaii, I hear hell is rough on the skin.

Anonymous said...

speaking of madagascar. mary's sister went to madagascar on her mission and she had to lean french AND!!!! malagasy. that would be crazy huh.

Anonymous said...

Nevermind about the whole mission thing. my papers arent even in according to pres. Thompson. its a sign im not supposed to go.

Scott B. said...

I think Evan is going to Montana, hick speaking mission

Alicia said...

So, Ev, what is going on? Are they submitted yet? They can just do it electronically right? Tell Pres. Thompson to get a move on. I've got a guessing game to win.

Sue said...

Evan once said he would like to serve whth the American Indians and speak their language. I really think they all speak English now, but I think he will go to New Mexico, Indian. It is the sunniest besides Arizona and that is way to hot and dry.

Bryce said...

I am talking to ashley mills, and she is betting spain for evanito

laura said...

Make that 2 Hawaii votes. Davin guessed that on his own at dinner tonight.

laura said...

"Canada"- that's what Brian said.

Roger said...

That's Canadia, duh.
That's what I'm talking aboot, eh!

Sue said...

I don't know, what with the fortune cookie tip, why everyone is guessing Canada and Northern USA. Southern USA is sunshiny and very relaxed, as are the American Indians. Out of the country I like Australia, then we can all go pick him up.