
These are the pictures that I took with my new cell phone at the GREAT KERN COUNTY FAIR.
The first is Krista and Sue at the Boy Scout Potato booth. During the first week of the fair, Sue and I worked 2 times each and Krista worked 3 times. She tells us that they can't get along without her now.

This is a picture of Sue eating her favorite fair food - the apple dumpling. See her post for the recipe. I spent most of my time on one of the white benches listening to music or at the hypnotist. I also looked at the people staring at pregnant cows. The people are a lot more interesting than the cows. I can see pregnant at the Skinner's house. (Baby Charlie or Rico).
There is a great assortment of people at the fair. I have a hard time deciding which has the best branding, the cows or the people. The cows do have pierced ear tags, but they are smart enough not to go for tongue piercing.
My favorite fair experience - I walked over to the livestock area and got a good whiff of the hay/manure/cows and it took me back almost 40 years when I lived with my Uncle Scott and helped my cousins milk 40 cows each morning and night, hauled hay and rocks, irrigated with canvas dams on the canals and when I learned that I needed to get a college degree. They were wonderful summer vacations and great memories, but I will take my office job any day.
2 comments:
Great post Dad. Sounds like the fair was wonderful. Especially with so many diverse people there.
I want to get my hands on one of those apple dumplings sooooooo bad! I'm glad you all had a good time at the fair.
Post a Comment