
After having to ask for all my info ( I do have 3 accounts somehow), and not choosing a format, I am here. Jessica just called and walked me out of the problems that I created today. Thank you, Jessica.
I wrote this on Sept 6, 2006.
It seems the Allred's were destined to have car trouble before getting to school this year.
Bryce drove down from San Francisco on Thursday night, planning to arrive in Bakersfield around 5:00am. He was stopping on the way to visit some friends in the middle of the night. As always, I worry about middle of the night driving, especially when someone is by themselves, but Bryce arrived home safely at about 4:00 am.
Friday, coincidentally just before 5:00pm, he started to go to Christy Ray's and turned the car around in the driveway. As he got to the street, the front end dropped and the tire tilted in. The car was laying on it's front end across the sidewalk. He came in and said, "I think the axle broke on my car". The car had traveled the length of our driveway.
I had just talkied to Rick (our friendly mechanic) about Tawna's brakes so called him back and asked if we should just have it towed to a salvage yard. He came to look at it on the way to a soccer practice and said what was the problem. It would be about $400.00.
Bryce had a friend from Venice, Italy with him who was traveling in his own car; so he put his stuff in the other car and they left Saturday morning. They did have a sidetrip to the LA temple and Newport beach on the way, but arrived safely early Monday morning in Provo, yay!
As Bryce was traveling Thursday night, I woke up about 3:00am very worried and thinking he was in trouble. So I prayed for his safe arrival. I think that it is a miracle, with all the driving that Bryce was doing last weekend, that the car broke in our driveway and was easily ( I guess we should ask Rick) fixed. I am so grateful to the Lord for Landon, Sarah and Bryce's safe arrival at their schools. I know the Lord looks out for each of us, and that He answers Mother's prayers.
2 comments:
Mom-
So glad to see a post from you! Welcome.
That really is an amazing story, and I truly believe he was protected. Landon and Sarah didn't get as far as him unfortunately, but I am glad they are also safe.
I am just grateful that we have such wonderful parents who are in tune to the spirit. Thank you for your constant prayers on your childrens behalf.
Thank you for writing that. I echo Teresa's sentiments that I am grateful to have a mother that is so in tune with the spirit.
Post a Comment