YAY!!! We love the fair! I was waiting to see what Laura would post, great job! Yesterday was so crowded, probably because it was in the 80's rather than 100 like it usually is. There was even a thing in the paper about it always getting hot again for the fair. Krista and I loved seeing it with the Skinners. At the goat pen a little girl said, when looking at a pygmy goat, "Look at the baby cow." That is why fairs are important. Laura and I loved the baby pygmy goats, their owner said they are better pets than dogs. The potato booth has been remodeled, it looks nice inside, but they painted it pea green outside. Krista and I loved working there. 5 more times to go.
We will not be getting Evan's mission call this week. They are sent in online and there were some glitches. His papers finally went in last weekend (17th). I figure he will get his call while he is in Utah for conference and the following week. So there is still time to vote in the poll. Brady's papers went in about the same time as Evan's, unless there is a glitch with his, too.
Our ward is being realigned this week. We will get some of Oaks ward. My primary girls said they like the small ward because they get to do a lot. That is telling the truth. We have about 10 kids in primary. It will be interesting.
Christmas 2014
11 years ago
2 comments:
Thanks for making your post like a fable in many ways. It invovlved animals and even a moral. "That is why fairs are important" Although I would argue that fairs are important so that you can eat lots of fried food and feel like you have a justifiable excuse and get drunk in public and be seen as just another guy enjoying the great Kern County Fair instead of as the downfall of society. Why do you all think fairs are important?
I have also noticed, looking at things from my distant perspective, that the fair and pioneer day have a lot in common. Wandering around in dusty streets with nothing to do but eat. Interesting that these two events mark the most anticipated days of summer.
Post a Comment