Thursday, September 21, 2006

interesting

I always find it intriguing that dad has had so many changes of heart and life improvements in the last couple of years. While it is of course good, I wonder if the new dad is as effective as the old dad. The thing that I love to brag about the most when describing our family is the fact that my parents will have all 9 children together standing in the Celestial Room within a couple of years, and even better with 9 worthy spouses. I cannot think of a greater accomplishment than that, or one that so very many members of this church would do anything for, and yet feelings of insufficiency arise. I have looked for years for another family that has a similar record, there are plenty that have a lot of kids, and plenty that have a lot through the temple, but 11/11 is impressive enough for me. So it makes me wonder what outcome would be reached if Alicia were to ahve been born within the last couple years of Dad's spiritual growth.
In summary, dad, thanks for everything.

2 comments:

Roger said...

Bryce,
Your comment about effectivenes begs the question, "Are you & Alicia better people than Tawna & Evan?"
I also say that having a temple recommend does not mean that one is not hard hearted. I know that by personal experience.
As pleased as I am with all of you, we are not competing. We are trying to be kind, loving and obedient children. We are supposed to be Saints, not Sadducees.
I just want you all to know that when I started treating people as people, my perspective, my actions and my happiness all improved.

Sue said...

That will be wonderful for all of us to be in the temple together with spouses. It is a great goal, though I would give us 10 years, Krista is only 14. Daken Tanner was in our ward. His father was a Mission President and the 13th child was married while he served. They were in the USA so all 13 children and the Mission President parents were in the temple together. Their picture was in the Ensign, it was impressive. Also, the Morgans only have Justin to go and they will have all 8 children in the temple. Justin just got home from an Australian mission.
I think what Dad learned was that it is one thing to be right and do right, and another to treat others right. He has always been the first two, the last one is what he learned as he matured. I am sure maturity had something to do with it; people naturally change and hopefully grow as they age.
We are both much happier,as individuals and as a couple since he has had his change of heart.